Determining your status or applying for resumption of your citizenship where it has been lost

Have you emigrated from South Africa and taken up citizenship of another country?

Did you know that prior to you taking up the citizenship of another country, you are required by law to make a formal application to the Department of Home Affairs to retain your South African citizenship?

  1. If you have not done so, or are unsure, we can assist you to determine your status. We do this by lodging a formal application with the Department of Home Affairs on your behalf to obtain written confirmation of your current status.
  1. Should you no longer be considered a South African citizen, an application may be submitted for the resumption thereof.

For assistance on either of the above matters or for any enquiries, please send us an email at or call us at 011 467 0810

3 + 2 = ?