Employees of multi-national organisations with a branch or affiliate company in South Africa may apply for an Intra-Company Transfer Work Visa. Candidates are then transferred to the South African branch for period of up to 4 years at a time. Candidates must have been employed by the foreign entity for a period of no less than 6 months. Application must be submitted in the candidates’ home country or country of temporary residence.
Occasionally, multi-national companies may decide to transfer an existing employee from a foreign branch to a branch in South Africa. These employees must apply for intra-company transfer work permits. In such cases, no proof of steps taken to obtain the services of a South African citizen/permanent residence will be required. These visas are issued for a period not extending four year and cannot be renewed or extended.
To apply, the following quintessential documents are required –
- A duly completed application to Visa to Temporarily Sojourn in the Republic (DHA-1738) form signed by the applicant
- A passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
- Documentation confirming the purpose of the transfer from both foreign and local entities
- Police Clearance Certificates from each country which the applicant has resided for twelve (12) months or longer since the age of eighteen 18 years
- All required documentation for a spouse and/or children if they intend to accompany you
Submissions in South Africa
Applications submitted in South Africa at the VFS office take approximately 4 – 8 weeks.
- Department of Home Affairs Application Fee – R1520
- VFS Service Fee – R1350
Applications that are submitted abroad in the applicants home country or country of permanent residence are generally processed withing 30 days, this may differ slightly from one foreign mission to the next.
An amount equal to R1520 in local currency