The introduction of Department of Labour certificates as part of the work permit process and specifically when applying for a “General” work visa under Section 18 (3) comes with its own challenges, which are traditionally outside the scope of service and expertise of work permit services. We have attorneys and labour specialists with extensive Department of Labour experience, including dealing with recruitment (the Department uses its own database of recruitment companies to seek local alternatives), compliance (there is a Department of Labour audit process onsite prior to the issuing of the required certificate) and follow-through, as we have seen the Department deadlines are often missed and the process must be managed proactively.
Wrigley Field, The Campus
57 Sloane Street, Bryanston
55 York Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- NEWS | CRITICAL SKILLS SURVEY RESULTS 2020/2021 RELEASED: THE TOP 10 MOST IN DEMAND SKILLS
- NEWS | DRAFT CRITICAL SKILLS LIST COULD BE BAD NEWS FOR ARTISAN EMPLOYERS
- NEWS | SHOULD SOUTH AFRICA CONSIDER SPECIAL VISAS TO ATTRACT SKILLS?
- NEWS | DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT ON CRITICAL SKILLS
- NEWS | MORE THAN A BALANCING ACT: WHAT IS THE FUTURE LIKE FOR CFOS?