The introduction of Department of Labour certificates as part of the work permit process and specifically when applying for a “General” work visa under Section 18 (3) comes with its own challenges, which are traditionally outside the scope of service and expertise of work permit services. We have attorneys and labour specialists with extensive Department of Labour experience, including dealing with recruitment (the Department uses its own database of recruitment companies to seek local alternatives), compliance (there is a Department of Labour audit process onsite prior to the issuing of the required certificate) and follow-through, as we have seen the Department deadlines are often missed and the process must be managed proactively.
Wrigley Field Building
The Campus Business Park
57 Sloane Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- NEWS | OPPORTUNE TIME FOR SOUTH AFRICANS TO EMIGRATE TO MAURITIUS
- NEWS | CHINESE CORPORATES IN SOUTH AFRICA: CORPORATE VISA KEY FOR EMPLOYING LARGE GROUPS OF EXPATS ON PROJECTS
- NEWS | THE IMPACT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC ON THE IMMIGRATION INDUSTRY
- NEWS | DO YOU REQUIRE A LETTER OF ADMISSIBILITY TO LEAVE SOUTH AFRICA?
- NEWS | COVID-19: SCHENGEN IMMIGRATION UPDATE FOR SEAFARERS AND SUPERYACHT CREW