The introduction of Department of Labour certificates as part of the work permit process and specifically when applying for a “General” work visa under Section 18 (3) comes with its own challenges, which are traditionally outside the scope of service and expertise of work permit services. We have attorneys and labour specialists with extensive Department of Labour experience, including dealing with recruitment (the Department uses its own database of recruitment companies to seek local alternatives), compliance (there is a Department of Labour audit process onsite prior to the issuing of the required certificate) and follow-through, as we have seen the Department deadlines are often missed and the process must be managed proactively.
Wrigley Field, The Campus
57 Sloane Street, Bryanston
55 York Street
V&A 9, Dock Road North Quay
Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
Cape Town, 8001
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- Foreign Investment and Skills to Fuel the Presidential Employment Stimulus
- Why The Latest Roadblock For Foreign Professionals Who Are Addressing Gaps In The Sa Job Market?
- Skilled Foreign Nationals In South Africa: 5 Areas To Reassess Before Starting Work
- The Brain Drain Can Be South Africa’s Gain
- The Advantages Of Studying In Mauritius