A Volunteer visa is granted showing that the applicant will perform charitable work in South Africa.
The quintessential documents, inter alia, when applying for a Visitor visas with volunteer authorization are as follows –
- A copy of the agreement with the entity for which you will do the volunteer work
- The original Police Clearance Certificates from every country where you have resided since your eighteenth birthday, for more than 12 calendar months
- A Medical Certificate form, to be completed by any medical practitioner consequent to a basic medical examination
- A Radiological Report form, to be completed by any radiologist consequent to a chest x-ray
Submissions in South Africa
Applications submitted in South Africa at the VFS office take approximately 4 – 8 weeks.
- Department of Home Affairs Application Fee – R425
- VFS Service Fee – R1350
Applications that are submitted abroad in the applicant’s home country or country of permanent residence are generally processed within 30 days, this may differ slightly from one foreign mission to the next.
An amount equal to R1520 in local currency.