The changes within the immigration law from 2014 has implemented a more stringent sanction to those who overstay their visit. Despite the cause or reason for doing so, just a fine will no longer do, refusing entry to South Africa and a ban is repercussions for overstaying one’s visit.
Children born in SA to foreign parents are eligible to apply for South African citizenship, this follows an elongated journey after the Constitutional Court ruled in favor of Mariam Ali, Aden Salih, Kanu Nkoloko, Caroline Masuki, Murphy Nganga and everyone who are born in SA and reached a major age.
The Coronavirus outbreak has impacted many foreign nationals finding themselves at the end of the validity of their Intra Company Transfer Work Visas or Short-Term Visas and in need to travel back to their home country to apply for new visas to extend their stay.
In June 2019, the Constitutional Court of South Africa delivered a ground-breaking judgement which allows foreign spouses and children of South African citizens and Permanent Residency holders to change status of their visa conditions in South Africa with immediate effect.
The number of LNG and construction projects has skyrocketed in the last 12 months leading to an increase in Immigration and Labour inspections in Mozambique.
Wrigley Field, The Campus
57 Sloane Street, Bryanston
55 York Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- NEWS | PRELIMINARY CRITICAL SKILLS LIST NOW AVAILABLE
- NEWS | SOUTH AFRICA MUST BE COGNISANT ATTRACTING SKILLS HAPPENS AGAINST BACKDROP OF GLOBAL DEMAND
- NEWS | SUCCESSFULLY NAVIGATING IMPORTANT SOUTH AFRICAN GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT RENEWALS WHILE LIVING ABROAD
- NEWS | SOUTH AFRICA’S MOST SOUGHT AFTER SKILLS
- NEWS | MAURITIUS OFFERS NEW PREMIUM LONG-STAY VISA FOR FREE