SAQA released a statement of tariff increases that will also include changes in the administrative fees charged to process refunds. The evaluation of qualification tariffs will change from R950-00 to R1010-00 effective 1 January 2017.
On 18 October 2016, the Department of Home Affairs launched a new and integrated contact centre to ensure that enquiries and complaints are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
Prior to the new system being implemented, there were a lot of public concerns on how queries were being managed and with many complaints of the telephone lines not being answered. The new system aims to improve the following items as identified –
- Inadequate tracking and record keeping
- Weak coordination and handling of queries among officials
- Inconsistency with applying the standard operating procedures
- Low compliance with service delivery standards
The Department of Home Affairs’ new contact centre will be operated by highly skilled officials and consultants with the necessary knowledge. The Contact Centre will enable the people of the public to lodge their complaints at a central point. All cases will be registered on a central case management system. The Department also endeavours that there will be consistent feedback as all the customer related services will be offered centrally at one branch.
It should be noted that the Department of Home Affairs are in the process of loading additional components of the National Population Register to enable maximum access to information of all the Home Affairs services. The National Identification System, The National Immigration System and the Movement Control System will be integrated within the upcoming months.
The Department of Home Affairs are set on measuring the complaints and compliments to improve the services that are being rendered to the public of South Africa.
You may contact the Contact Centre on 0800 60 11 90 or email email@example.com for any enquiries/complaints or compliments.
Wrigley Field, The Campus
57 Sloane Street, Bryanston
55 York Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- NEWS | PRELIMINARY CRITICAL SKILLS LIST NOW AVAILABLE
- NEWS | SOUTH AFRICA MUST BE COGNISANT ATTRACTING SKILLS HAPPENS AGAINST BACKDROP OF GLOBAL DEMAND
- NEWS | SUCCESSFULLY NAVIGATING IMPORTANT SOUTH AFRICAN GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT RENEWALS WHILE LIVING ABROAD
- NEWS | SOUTH AFRICA’S MOST SOUGHT AFTER SKILLS
- NEWS | MAURITIUS OFFERS NEW PREMIUM LONG-STAY VISA FOR FREE