A dire shortage of highly skilled engineers and ICT professionals is severely constraining the growth of South Africa’s high technology sector to the detriment of job creation and economic growth, says Pierre le Roux, group managing director of technology solutions provider, Moyo Business Advisory (MBA).
It is now a matter of when and not if companies employing foreign nationals will be audited by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). The arrest of at least 25 illegal foreign nationals at the beginning of May by the Cape Town Police, accompanied by officials from the Department of Home Affairs (DHA), sparked a […]
The work permit process can be time consuming and even painful, depending on your permit categorisation. One question often asked is whether an expatriate should consider a Permanent Residency application sooner, effectively lifting the expatriate’s status above the noise of normal work permit requirements. We found that there can be a significant upside however, depending […]
At least 25 illegal foreign nationals has been arrested for contravening the Immigration Act, Cape Town Police said on Thursday.
If home affairs comes knocking will your workforce be compliant?
Home Affairs wants to simplify the current requirements of travelling with minors, which requires a person travelling to and from South Africa to have an unabridged birth certificate, said Minister Malusi Gigaba.
17 Eaton Avenue,
55 York Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- Remote Work and Point Based System: The Department of Home Affairs’ Draft Amendments
- Home Affairs Game Changer for Approved Corporates Kicks-Off this Week
- 108 Corporates Seek Trusted Employer Scheme Status: 65 Approved, Implementation Imminent
- Newsflash: Department of Home Affairs Approves First Companies for Trusted Employer Scheme
- The Department of Home Affairs extends blanket concession until 30 June 2024