Please note that members of the public are no longer permitted to submit their South African Police Clearance applications and the documentation thereof to the Criminal Record Centre (CRC) in Pretoria directly as previously permitted.
The implementation of widespread reforms at the department of home affairs since 2014 is expected to increase the value of the South African passport in the foreseeable future, said Ryan Cummings, director of Africa risk consultancy Signal Risk.
Travelling with minors is set to be easier as the details of South African parents will now appear on children’s passports.
In 2014 the Department of Home Affairs introduced various amendments of immigration laws but some experts say it did more harm than good. The new requirements have caused confusion and frustration for many families and the business sector alike.
The starting point when bringing in a foreign specialist into your business is the Critical Skills List, which notes the professions where Home Affairs issues Work Permits due to areas where there are shortages of skills.
On 28 July 2017 the Department of Home Affairs released its anticipated White Paper on International Migration that provides a policy framework that will result in changes to our Immigration Legislation. The amendment process has commenced and is expected to be finalised in March 2019.
Wrigley Field, The Campus
57 Sloane Street, Bryanston
55 York Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- NEWS | XPATWEB SURVEY REVEALS TOP 10 CRITICAL SKILLS SOUTH AFRICAN BUSINESSES WANT MOST
- NEWS | THESE ARE THE COUNTRIES SOUTH AFRICANS WANT TO EMIGRATE TO RIGHT NOW
- NEWS | CRITICAL SKILLS SURVEY RESULTS 2020/2021 RELEASED: THE TOP 10 MOST IN DEMAND SKILLS
- NEWS | DRAFT CRITICAL SKILLS LIST COULD BE BAD NEWS FOR ARTISAN EMPLOYERS
- NEWS | SHOULD SOUTH AFRICA CONSIDER SPECIAL VISAS TO ATTRACT SKILLS?