Attracting Investment and the latest Critical Skills list – Phindiwe Mbhele from the DHA
Phindiwe Mbhele, Director at Home Affairs in the Immigration branch responsible for stakeholder relations management between the Department and corporate entities regarding temporary residence visa matters as well as assisting and advising corporate employers who have the intention to positively contribute to South Africa’s economic growth through the employment of needed foreign labour, the entry of exceptionally skilled or qualified people. He heads the Corporate Accounts directorate whose main responsibility is to ensure that corporates are given a premium service that ensures that their applications are issued as expeditiously as possible and on the basis of simplified procedures and objective, predictable and reasonable requirements and criteria, and without consuming excessive administrative capacity.
His presentation will cover –
- The important role the Department plays in attracting investment
- Skills shortages in South Africa
- Short term work assignment in South Africa
- The much anticipated new Critical Skills list
A must attend for all corporates and multi-nationals employing foreign nationals in their business.
Expat Tax 102 – Tanya Tosen from Tax Consulting South Africa
Following Expat 101 which was presented earlier this year by Tanya Tosen, she will now be presenting Expat 102. The focus of the session is to build on some of the key mobility and tax principles previously presented but delving deeper into some hot topics and fundamentals surrounding expatriates. This presentation will cover the following –
- Mobility/Remuneration Policy design principles;
- Remuneration methodology;
- Categories of expatriates; and
- The law amendments affecting outbound expatriates which come into effect from 1 March 2020, what should you be doing as an employer.
This is a must-attend session on expatriate taxes, for both the beginner with no knowledge to intermediary, or even the expert who just wants to sharpen-up themselves and wider team on the fundamental principles, latest best practices and tax laws applicable.