Following the cabinet approval of the Department of Home Affairs’ White Paper regarding the targets to be met by 2063 of South Africa’s migration and immigration status, South African citizens who wish to travel abroad for more than three (3) months will soon be required to register with the Government.
The Department of Home Affairs established that they do not have 4 616 Permanent Residency applications that were submitted prior to June 2014 on file, as per the source of their Track and Trace system.
A solution pertaining to the above has been provided by the Department, whereby any individual who applied for Permanent Residence prior to 02 June 2014 and whose particulars appear on the list published in the National Government Gazette, may re-submit their Permanent Residency applications at their earliest convenience.
Wrigley Field Building
The Campus Business Park
57 Sloane Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- NEWS | COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE A SOUTH AFRICAN STRANDED ABROAD
- NEWS | CORONAVIRUS: EFFORTS TO FLATTEN THE CURVE IN AFRICA
- NEWS | THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON IMMIGRATION AND GLOBAL MOBILITY
- NEWS | CORONAVIRUS: TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS BORDER SHUTDOWNS BY COUNTRY
- NEWS | MEDIA RELEASE: 25 MARCH – MINISTER PATEL ANNOUNCES ESSENTIAL SERVICE APPLICATION PORTAL