As the festive season approaches, the department of home affairs will scrap regulations requiring parents travelling with minors to present an unabridged birth certificate at ports of entry. Speaking at a media briefing on Tuesday, Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba said minors will still require the consent of both parents to leave the country. Children […]
If you are an expatriate in South Africa, applying for a work permit can be a time-consuming process. This leads many to ask whether it is more beneficial to apply for permanent residency sooner. We found that there can be a significant upside; however, depending on the complexities, there may also be adverse consequences.
If we are to meet President Ramaphosa’s goal of boosting foreign investment and attracting skilled people to our country, we urgently need to optimise South Africa’s current visa application process, urges Marisa Jacobs, Immigration Specialist at Xpatweb.
While President Ramaphosa courts global leaders for foreign direct investment, the headache of how to create jobs in South Africa’s struggling economy persists. There is clearly a need to be innovative and think outside the box. Here we ask: would loosening immigration control, making it easier for non-South Africans to enter and work, lead to […]
Wrigley Field Building
The Campus Business Park
57 Sloane Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- NEWS | COVID-19 LOCKDOWN: WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE A SOUTH AFRICAN STRANDED ABROAD
- NEWS | CORONAVIRUS: EFFORTS TO FLATTEN THE CURVE IN AFRICA
- NEWS | THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON IMMIGRATION AND GLOBAL MOBILITY
- NEWS | CORONAVIRUS: TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS BORDER SHUTDOWNS BY COUNTRY
- NEWS | MEDIA RELEASE: 25 MARCH – MINISTER PATEL ANNOUNCES ESSENTIAL SERVICE APPLICATION PORTAL