In March 2021, the new draft Critical Skills List (“CSL”) was published by the Department of Home Affairs (“DHA”) for public comment before finalisation. While there is much speculation on last-minute changes to the list, the inclusion of tax professionals is one that is likely to remain.
Permanent Residency Permit (“PRP”) applications for South Africa have been on hold since March 2020, when the President declared the country to be in a national state of disaster. When the Department of Home Affairs (“DHA”) was forced to down tools, PRP applications quickly began piling up.
On 28 November, a disappointed President Cyril Ramaphosa addressed South Africans following the UK Health Secretary’s decision to place the country back on their red list.
17 Eaton Avenue,
55 York Street
South Africa: 011 467 0810
International: +27 11 782 5289
PO BOX 35046
In the News
- Confusion: Backlog vs Scapegoat – Home Affairs Minister says Work Visas has no backlog?
- Reduced Visa Requirements: A Key Benefit of The Trusted Employer Scheme (TES) Pilot Launched By DHA
- Retire with wealth in South Africa
- Why all mobility professionals should attend Xpatweb’s Virtual Immigration Workshop
- The Isle of Man hosts 800 South Africans – boasting as popular relocation destination